Since I’m in full-NaNoWriMo mode (almost to the half-way point!), I figured I’d post some little something today just to let everyone know that no, I haven’t forgotten this blog and that even though I’m busy with work and NaNoWriMo, I still will make time for WordPress. 🙂
I was thinking the other day about how I saw myself as a writer . What were the little quirks or funny signs that made me think, yeah…that’s something a writer would do. So I started jotting some ideas down and thought I’d share them with you. Feel free to see if you do these crazy things as well! 🙂
You know you’re a writer when…
- You write a paragraph, then erase, and then re-write and erase again. About 10 times after you’ve repeated this process over and over, you decide the first paragraph you had was actually the better one and you just wasted an hour of your life.
- You panic when you get an idea in your head and you have nothing to write it down on. You risk losing said idea forever if it’s not written, so you grab whatever’s nearest to you and start jotting it down. Writing surfaces may include old receipts, your hand, gum wrappers, and toilet paper.
- When you’re writing a piece of fiction, you already begin thinking of which actors should be cast in the film adaptation. (If my books were made into films, I’d love to see Tom Hiddleston, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Jennifer Lawrence be in every film.)
- You find the characters you create are so lovable and adorable and awesome that you wish they were real.
- You find the characters you create are so realistic that you have to remind yourself they’re not real.
- If writing a romance, your ideal man (or woman) represents the main love interest for your character.
- You think of plot lines and characters instead of paying attention when someone’s talking to you.
- You daydream about 99% of the time and call it “pre-writing”.
- You know what onomatopoeia is and you use it often. (And so did the original Batman and Robin.)
- You see a movie or read a book and think of an alternate plot that is waaaaay better.
What are some signs you notice that makes you feel like a writer?